Yesterday was my big trip on Lake Erie. I chartered a 6 hour trip with Doc's Charter out of Ashtubula, OH, 28 foot Bamaha. His normal price is 4 people, $260.00. He let me go by myself for $210.00.
The day started out early, We are camped 40 minutes away and I had to be there by 5:40 AM.
Pictured is the 2 largest Walleye, I caught 3 more about the size of the small one and one more smaller. Limit is 6. I caught lot more fish including Lake Perch, White Bass, and others I had never seen.
The weather was the best we have had since being in OH. Temperatures started out in the 60s and ended up at 79, winds were 5 knots. It felt like being out on a fresh water Gulf of Mexico. I had all the fish cleaned and fileted for $13.00. For supper, we had a mixture of Walleye, White Bass and Lake Perch.
By the way, at one point, we had 13 lines out without crossing or snarling while trolling. All the charter boats put out as many as 14 every day. . Quite a trick but it works. Nancy, tell Carl I will explain when we see you. Was nice having 13 lines just for me. Got busy at times.
WHAT A DAY. Sleep came easy last night. Al

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts