Still in Breaux Bridges. We still have not had enough crawfish. At Crawfish Town USA I had "Jambalaya, Crawfish Pie and File' Gumbo" as one dish. Hank Williams knew good food. I have never had crawfish pie before but it is great.
Anyone traveling along I-10, get off at exit 115, go north 1/2 mile for lunch. Ask for crawfish pie. It is not on the menu by it self but they will serve it to you, $6.99.



You can see from the next picture what a hard life this is.

My fishing rod is leaning on the ladder and Freddy is bundled up on Cathy's lap.
For all you RVers, the cost here is $15.00 full hook up with 50 anp service using Passport America or Escapees. It is about 5 miles off I-10. You can make reservations. All but about 7 slots are on the lakes. Poche's RV and Fish Camp in Breaux Bridge, LA

We went to the Tabasco factory on Avery island. They have a great tour. We got to try Tabasco flavored ice cream, 2 flavors. It is good. Many other samples also.


I bought some Sweet and Spicy, Aunt Sally's pecan pralines. They are made with Tabasco Sauce. Very unique and good.

Cathy got her Shingles shot yesterday. It was fun watching. She really does not like needles.

Went back to Crawfish Town twice. One for Crawfish pie and next for boiled crawfish. We will miss the food here but next up, Texas bar-b-que and TexMex.

This place is amazing. Friday evening RVs started coming in until there were only 6 sites out  of 100 sites still open. Today (Sunday) at 12:00 o'clock, at least 2/3 are empty. Our nearest neighbor is 9 sites away. Freddy can run loose now.

Gotta post this now. Next from Texas Al

Comments

Anonymous said…
The pictures look great - wish I was there but I'm gonna have to pass on the crawfish and tabasco stuff. I'd rather be sittin' by the lake with Cathy & Freddy! Steak in Texas sounds amazing though. Let me know how that goes. Have fun guys! Chula

Popular Posts