Port Clinton, Ohio

This has been a very busy stopover and we will be here another week.The weather has been very nice.When we first got here, the high was 85 deg. Today the high was 79 deg. Lows were in the high 50s to low 60s. There has been a light Lake Erie breeze everyday. The sunset everyday is similar to the picture.
One day we went to the African Safari. When you go in, they give you a large cup of feed and you can buy a pack of carrots. As you can see from the next three pictures, the animals are used to being fed by hand. I had one Caribou with horns try to get his head inside the car. I had to roll up the window. The giraffe pictured was eating carrots from the truck in front of us.










I put the wrong picture here. My bad. I do have another showing the Giraffe eating out of a pickup but posted the wrong one. Oh well
They also have a Petting zoo, pony rides and camel rides.
It is not as big as the Safari in Florida but more interactive.
Cathy would not feed the animals out of her hand.
Up Friday morning at 4:30 to go fishing. I chartered a 26 foot boat to go Walleye fishing. We left the dock at 6:00. This was our sunrise, The weather started off at 65 deg and got up to 80 deg., light breeze and slight chop. A perfect day to be on the lake. We went out 13 miles to start fishing. We fished to within 1/2 mile of the Canadian border. I caught my limit (6) of Walleye plus a lot of other types. I caught one 12 pound fresh water sheepshead. What a fight. They are totally different than our sheepshead
and not good to eat. We threw him back.







We really like the Lake Erie coast in Ohio. Lots to do. Off to Sandusky, OH Monday to see the Thomas Edison museum. Al

Comments

Popular Posts